Sunday, February 19, 2012

Halogen Light bulbs - Sizes

I installed a motion detector light above my garage about 6 months ago. One of the bulbs recently went out. I removed the old one, took it to the hardware and bought what I thought was a replacement. Do yourself a favor. Avoid causing your lamp to smoke and exploding not 1, but 2 bulbs. Notice the packaging.

Notice the blue vs yellow G rating? I never knew this existed and apparently neither did the hardware employee who helped me find the incorrect replacement. I really thought there was something wrong with my fixture after 2 failed attempts to replace it. I highly recommend taking your old bulb with you and camparing not only the wattage, but the width of the prongs too. Hope this helps you avoid a fire hazard and an additional trip to the hardware!

No comments:

Post a Comment